~*BOOK REVIEW*~ For Better, For Worse by Jane Isaac


~*BOOK REVIEW*~

For Better, For Worse by Jane Isaac



Add to #Goodreads TBR: https://bit.ly/2X1bQz3


#BuyLinks:


4 ****

A fantastic crime thriller! I was pleasantly surprised. The storyline was easy to follow, plenty of twists and turns and many a time guessing the ‘who dunnit’. The problem I had is with the way some of it was written, in some places the style just didn’t appeal to me and put me off just a little. But it’s the storyline and characters, the description and the grittyness that it’s all about for me.

Let’s start with the characters. DC Beth Chamberlain is our main character. We do get given the briefest of backgrounds on her but I felt in places that it just leaves us wondering about the previous case when as far as I can find, there’s no book before this one? I may be wrong though. But I found that a little irritating. But on a whole she was a great lead character. She had a heart and feelings that ran deep. She makes a great detective but also an amazing family liaison officer too. But she does her
Too invested.
The secondary characters were all good as well, bar Andrea - but every book had to have an unapproachable detective, right? Nick was a sweet guy and the perfect person to partner Beth up with. He was quite amusing in places but always had Beth’s back.

The storyline was great, it lacks a bit in places but it’s otherwise a strong story with great imagination from the author. I felt it was easy to guess the common denominator between each case but the detectives acted clueless. But it’s was great read and one I would definitely recommend.

The writing style for the most part was good, there were places that I just couldn’t connect with but the story did not lack descriptions and that’s perfect. I love a book that makes you feel like you’re there and can picture each scene as if you were there, this author did that flawlessly.

Great read. Definitely recommended!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ The Harder You Fall by L.A. Cotton

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ When You See Me by Lisa Gardner

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ My Name is Anna by Lizzy Barber