~*BOOK REVIEW*~ Last Night Out by Catherine O'Connell

~*BOOK REVIEW*~

Last Night Out by Catherine O’Connell




Add to #Goodreads TBR ↓

#BuyLink









5 *****



This is a very new author to me and I’m pleasantly surprised. It was spectacular rollercoaster of a ride through a story with so many twists, turns and holes that your brain works overdrive in the ‘guess who’ department. And boy was it a fantastic story!

The characters - Maggie, Carol Anne, Angie, Kelly, Suzanne and Natasha - all close friends and confidantes, were brilliantly portrayed with explosive personalities. Each one had their hidden little secrets, I made it fun and exhilarating. 

The secondary characters were great too but the two cops - Kozlowski and O’Reilly - weren’t great. Though I had to keep remembering it was set back in time when cops weren’t fabulous pillars of the community and had harsh mouths and less brains, their way of working annoyed me to no end and wish they were better. 

One other thing that irked me throughout, that was the chapter would be written by one of the characters but in the chapter, whichever other character was in it, would switch to their speech and feelings and thoughts. I’m not sure if that was overlooked through editing or if for some reason is was deliberate, I don’t know. 

Overall, great story, fantastic characters and the ending, though a little bit OTT, it was interesting and revealing. I never saw it coming!!! 

I’ll be definitely looking out for future books from this author because her writing style is intriguing and gripping. 

Bravo, Catherine O’Connell.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ The Harder You Fall by L.A. Cotton

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ The Home by Karen Osman

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ When You Disappeared by John Marrs