~*BOOK REVIEW*~ Miss Not Together by Belle Brooks


~*BOOK REVIEW*~

Miss Not Together by Belle Brooks



Add to #Goodreads TBR: http://bit.ly/2Guewxy

#BuyLinks:
Barnes & Noble: https://bit.ly/2Fje5Ww


3 ***

While I was invested in to story, it was mainly because of the author’s writing style rather than the story itself. It felt a it hurried and rushed; one minute something is going on and the next we’re at a different scene. I felt that there was some chunks missing from the story. 

Hilary is a sweet, lovable character but at the same tome, she’s too argumentative and I found that quite off-putting cause, to me, I didn’t feel that that fit her personality at all. Grayson was harder to get invested in. Although I like the characters to have a bit of mystery, I found his was lacking in something. The characters all felt a bit flat and boring but I did like Freddy, though he acted more like a toddler at times, I did enjoy reading his character. I felt her parents were also a bit OTT when Hilary made a ‘mistake’. Really, no parents act like that in real life. They were quite mean. I mean, who doesn’t feed their child just because they did something all teenagers experience at least once? 

I did like the story concept, I thought it was quite sweet; the secrecy between Grayson and Hilary and the moments they shared together. I loved their budding relationship but the book was so rushed that, to me, it seemed too quick and hectic. 

There were some parts of the story that didn’t add up for me at all, a lot of contradictions and head-scratching moments that was hard to move past. 

I really enjoyed the ending though was super confused at where Hilary and Freddy were before the formal. I didn’t feel that scene was especially necessary. But I loved what Grayson did on stage, boy, I did not see that coming! *Chuckle*

This is the first story I’ve read from Belle Brooks and though I didn’t enjoy it as much as I wished, I do feel her writing itself has major potential, the story just needs to be less rushed and hectic. I’ll certainly be reading future books from this author, especially YA, I love YA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ The End Game by Jeffery Deaver

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ When You Disappeared by John Marrs

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ Little White Lies by Philippa East