~*BOOK REVIEW*~ YOU by Caroline Kepnes


~*BOOK REVIEW*~

YOU by Caroline Kepnes



Add to #Goodreads TBR: http://bit.ly/2sjbsva


#BuyLinks:



3 ***


I have to say, the series on Netflix is so much better than the actual book. Seriously. I'm so glad the show eliminated a lot of 'crassness' written in the story. It's quite graphic on the sexual front. It took me forever to get into the story, and I was close to putting it down and not finishing it at about 34%.

The characters are all unlikable, they're all pretentious and sadistic/masochistic, etc. Beck was the worst. She was a complete attention-ho, a miserable, slobby cow and how anyone found her attractive is beyond me. Her personality made her ugly, her mood swings made me to loathe her. She was actually quite psychotic, come to think of it. Joe wasn't much better. He wasn't quite right in the head, extremely obsessive and full of himself. I loathed them both; they were just as bad as each other.

Joe’s literary pretentiousness is embarrassingly banal, and his self-indulgent narrative soon becomes boring,

The whole way through this book, it incredibly repetitive which is something I really don't like in a book; it truly gave me a headache.

What I did like?
Well, let's see. I liked the WAY it was written, it eventually became quite gripping to read though still headache inducing. I liked the use of the word 'everythingship'. Honestly, it's a great word and these characters were definitely made for each other; they're obsessive personalities are a true tinder match.

I also liked the suspense, though sometimes it was dragged out a little too long. I actually loved the references to different books and movie, though most I've never read myself, I found I enjoyed that.

The author's writing style is quite exceptional and her imagination is pretty wild. She wrote the unthinkable yet the believable.

But, overall, this was nothing to rave about. The series? AMAZING. I'm really glad I watched the series first. I liked that they changed a lot of it and omitted A LOT of things out.

Good, but not great. Okay, but not amazing. I wouldn't recommend reading the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ The Harder You Fall by L.A. Cotton

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ When You Disappeared by John Marrs

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ When You See Me by Lisa Gardner