~*BOOK REVIEW*~ When You Disappeared by John Marrs


~*BOOK REVIEW*~

When You Disappeared by John Marrs



Add to #Goodreads TBR: http://bit.ly/2rMBKpB


#BuyLinks:



4 ****


I got this book on a whim because I saw a friend post quite a good review for this book, but then I was also just as dubious after reading many other not so great reviews. But, nevertheless, I dived into this book with an open mind, plus I LOVE psychological thrillers, and this story is written exactly as a psychological thriller should be written. The back and forth, leaving the reader in suspense, is exactl what I love about this genre.

So in other words, if you don't like the genre don't bother reading. Simple as.

Back to my review...

It was intense story throughout, with both a female and male POV, which was great. I liked the going back so many years then flitting back to the present. It definitely keeps us readers on our toes that's for sure! I was pretty much hooked from the first page, and from 50% I was completely glued to my kindle.

I don't like summing up the book in so many paragraphs when the blurb speaks for itself, so I'll just say that the characters, Catherine and Simon, were portrayed brilliantly throughout most of the book; Catherine more so. I wasn't a fan of Simon's character, I'm not sure anyone really would be. Some aspects - scenes - of this book, were a little TOO far-fetched to be believable which is why I had to knock a star off, even though the writing, the story, was a five-star read... there were just scenes that weren't believable or that would never happen in reality, and it's important for this genre to have the sense of reality; it makes it more of an exciting read.

I loved Catherine's strong sense of character, the way she carried on, the way she handled things throughout. She, and her children, were my favourite characters to the very very end.

The ending was fantastic! Most of it I just didn't see coming, though the bit out William I did after reading Simon's antics through the years.

Overall, a fabulous read, thrilling and exciting, tense and suspenseful, but some parts didn't stick to reality and I think the author got carried away with those parts. Highly recommended to readers who love a good psychological thriller and love being kept on the edge of their seats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ The End Game by Jeffery Deaver

~*BOOK REVIEW*~ Little White Lies by Philippa East